Pages

Friday 20 December 2013

My Christmas Playlist



Sufjan Stevens// Auld Lang Syne, more of a Hogmanay song than Christmas but it's my playlist so it can stay! 

She & Him// There's no denying that I am a huge fan of She & Him, Zooeys voice is perfect, so a lot of their songs are my Christmas favourites. I recommend their Christmas album; A Very She & Him Christmas but here a my top picks. Baby, It's Cold Outside, I love the twist they do on a classic Christmas song. Little Saint Nick, and last but not least Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Maverick Sabre// Fairytale of New York, I am a huge fan of the original version but I also love this one!

Queen// Thank God it's Christmas, everyone loves a bit of Queen, don't try and deny it.

Smokey Robinson and The Miracles// Let It Snow, a nice retro sounding version.

Mindy Gledhill// Patapan/O Come, O Come Emmanuel, a unique touch to the Christian lyrics.

Bastille// Oh Holy Night, Having seen Bastille twice I can vouch for their talent, plus it features dialogue from Home Alone at the start!

Eliza Doolittle// Xmas in Bed, a modern sounding Christmas song which is very catchy!

As you can probably tell I've gone for the more unusual and eclectic Christmas songs but I also recommend the old favourites such as Wham!, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley etc.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment